Sunday, August 22, 2010

A funny thing happened...

Today, my husband joined the cause.
Out of nowhere, he was convicted about our lifestyle. No longer satisfied with "flirting with these ideas" of being a more natural family, he is ready to start backing up some talk with action. Strange, considering he has never really read my mission statement for our move towards becoming a "Whole Health Family" or more than one article I've written on this blog. But, he began spilling the same ideas I have about building a family that is wholly healthy- mind, body and spirit. It was like I was hearing myself talk!
I don't regularly preach to him on transforming to a more holistic family, but he certainly picked up on some of my hints and small lifestyle changes. It was just so cool to get his support. I felt almost like I had gotten a grant to do some great philanthropic research from some important university. I got clearance for his financial and emotional support. Awesome.
It was empowering to have someone I love support me in my endeavors, not only as a bystander, but throwing himself into the experiment as well.
That is one important thing about family I have learned along the way: embracing the passions and pursuits of your family whole heartedly as if they were your own. Unconditional love is often found in the actions of self-sacrifice and enthusiasm for the interests of those around you for no other reason than to show your love and support.
Hopefully, you will all see the power of us working as a team. With only one person with a paddle in the water, it's a constant battle to maintain a straight course. But, with both paddles in, we can go faster and straighter together.

(In case you ever read my blog again- thanks Russ for your love and support.)

No comments:

Post a Comment