Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Awesome Strawberry Smoothie


As an occasional replacement for breakfast or dessert, I have been making these Strawberry Banana Smoothies. Let me walk you down my trail of inspiration: at Starbucks (of course, where else?) they are featuring these Vivanno Strawberry Banana Smoothies with protein and fiber. They cost $3.87. In an attempt to have this wonderful food available without the trek to SBUX, I have made an extremely close replica. Here's the recipe: enjoy!

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 medium size smoothies

Pour into blender:
1 cup crushed ice
1/2 cup milk (your preference)
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup Whey Protein Powder- Vanilla (We use TwinLab brand)
1 Tbsp Amazing Grass Green SuperFood drink powder (available @ Wild Oats/Sun Harvest)
1/2 cup frozen strawberries (unsweetened)
1 banana

Blend on High until smooth. If it's having trouble moving, add a splash of O.J. If it still cant move, give it a stir and add a little more milk. Alternate until you reach the consistency you want. (Sorry I didn't measure the exact amount of liquid- it all depends on your blender and desired texture).

Enjoy your protein & fiber kick! It's filling, and my kids LOVE it! My husband loved these, especially since I stole all his health powders to make something that didn't taste like a health drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment