Thursday, July 30, 2009

The score: Sugar-5; LizzyB- 2

So, this whole "quitting sugar thing" was a lot harder than I thought... Likely indicative of a stronger addiction than I was aware. Last week was full of splitting headaches and crazy fatigue. I sat through meetings yawning beyond control. If only I could reach for a Coke!
And then, I did. It was the car wash's fault, really. They up-sold me on a fancy handwax because of the gnarly scratch I put in the front wheel well backing into the garage (which was just retarded on my part). They didn't have any drinks in their fancy gift shop, so me and the kids trotted over to Sonic to wait out the return of the truck.
Sonic doesn't sell anything without sugar in it that comes in a cup. In fact, they saturate their already high sugar drinks with even more corn syrup and call it flavor! I wasn't about to drink water out of a styrofoam cup (another one of my excentricities: I only like water out of a glass), so I ordered up a 32 oz. Coke. It didn't even taste good, but I was staying hydrated in the heat, right?
That's where Sugar scored it first point. Then the weekend progressed and more and more delicious opportunities presented themselves for delicious soda, mochas, and vitamin water. Oh well, I tell myself, at least I've slowed down. I will keep reaching for water (in glasses) and do my best. But I definitely need some more motivation.
Regaining my mission is incredibly important if we are going to succeed. It's not just about what I eat, but the family's Whole Health. I'm gonna chew on that for a while, and get back with my plan.

1 comment:

  1. i totally understand what you mean when it comes to sugar. i have been seriously cutting back my sugar intake for the last 3 or 4 weeks. my weakness is sweet tea but i can't cut tea completely. cold turkey is too hard. so i go for unsweet and put a sweet n low in it(i know its not good either) and i drink those water fruit drinks that have no sugar added and a lot more water. if i do break down i will only have it once or twice a week but not everyday all day like before. eating right is so hard but it is so rewarding

    ReplyDelete