Friday, July 17, 2009

Leftovers for lunch


So, if you made the black bean/brown rice dish, you may have something or other leftover. Yesterday, I had some of everything in the fridge, so I made a salad. Actually, I tried to make a salad. The package of spring lettuce was a little slimy and stinky, so it went over the fence to the rabbits. But, I did have everything else to make a salad, so I used my brown rice instead of lettuce, and it was awesome!

Brown Rice Salad
1 cup brown rice
1/4 red pepper, chopped
1/4 avacado, chopped
1 small tomato, diced
2 Tbsp natural pumpkin seeds (shells removed)
1/4 cup garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas)
Homemade italian dressing

Mix all together, and drizzle the dressing over the top.

I found this to be far more filling and satisfying than a regular salad (probably because of my insane carb addiction!). This could definitely make my lunch box during the week if I separate the dressing. (Hmmm- shopping opportunity- I need one of those tiny little plastic dressing bottles...)

No comments:

Post a Comment